.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

HAT-TRICK FOR SERENA WILLIAMS

World number one Serena Williams has been named 2009 WTA player of the year and shared doubles team of the year with older sister Venus.
Serena, 28, won last year's Australian Open and Wimbledon singles titles, while also reaching the US Open semi-finals and French Open quarter-finals.
Picture 
"2009 was one of the best seasons of my career and winning the player of the year award for the third time is a great achievement for me," she told the WTA website after the ceremony in Miami.
"It will always be memorable for me not just for my singles accomplishments, but because Venus and I won four titles together and I am thrilled to be sharing the doubles team of the year award with my sister."
Alongside Venus, Serena captured the 2009 US and Australian Open and Wimbledon women's doubles titles.
"I love playing doubles with Serena as we have so much fun on the court together," said Venus.
"At the beginning of the 2009 season Serena and I decided to put a lot of emphasis on doubles and I am thrilled that we were able to achieve so much together."
Belgium's Kim Clijsters took comeback player of the year honours after her US Open title and won her seventh sportsmanship award from the WTA.
US teen Melanie Oudin, a 2009 US Open quarter-finalist, won newcomer of the year, while Belgian Yanina Wickmayer took most improved player honours and American Liezel Huber won her fourth career player service award.
Russian Elena Dementieva won fan favourite singles player of the year in an internet fan vote.